Friday, July 13, 2012

Chateau de Bannes

Located in the Dordogne, South West France, Chateau de Bannes is another one of those Disney like castles that springs out from the hillside as you drive around a corner. But this castle is the real thing!


Unfortunately on the day we were driving through the area the Chateau was closed, but just to view it from the hillside was well worth it. The chateau lies on the site of a previous fortress, the construction you see today was finished in 1520 although of the old remains are still visible.
Next time we visit I will be sure to take a tour inside and bring you some more information. Until then I will just keep looking at the photos with a glass of wine dreaming of fairy-tales.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Debbie, Grogeous photos. It is an area of france I used to visit a lot and now I wanna go back! Thanks for sharing.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete